Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ferroli optimax 38c woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ricke17

Hello,

I have a Ferroli Optimax 38c and since my last gas safety check by my Housing Association in 2014, the boiler fires up as if it is going to kick in and start the central heating - this occurs 2-3 times an hour for about 30/40 seconds 24/7. The thermostat is set to zero.

An engineer is due to come to look at it next week but I thought that there must be something going on after my latest gas bill which is through the roof.

Any ideas?

Rick.

Sounds like the boiler is on comfort mode..keeping water in boiler hot..you want it on eco mode...you do this by pressing the eco ..comfort button on the boiler control panel

OMG! I have just flicked it over - is it that simple? Would that explain my huge gas bill do you think? I rarely have the heating on as I am in a new build flat which holds the heat (a nightmare in hot weather) - showering daily and washing up once a day. Everything else is electric powered.

If this resolves the matter, do you think I should keep the appointment with the engineer next week anyhow or just cancel?

Rick.

Hope that sorts it....keep a eye on boiler and hopefully will only come on when needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli optimax 38c woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hello All I've been having fun with my old vented, Y-Plan central heating system, since I finally got it up and running again yesterday, having...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a Ferroli 701 Optima which leaks water through its CH 3 bar safety pressure relief valve. The water pressure on gauge NEVER goes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock