Search the forum,

Discuss ferroli domina 80e gas pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianB

downstream pressure is only reading 2.5mb?

when i try to increase it nothing happens, manometer doesnt budge

any ideas?

(the final 3 rows on the burner also arnt lighting but i assume thats down to the low pressure)

Presume working pressure ?,were down stream?,how do you try to increase it ?

At the downstream test point on the gas valve, It's like the valve is not fully opening, try'd a new valve too but having the same effect

22mb at inlet, definitely no restriction there, the meter is only 2.5m away too

Is this pressure when running on hot water at full flow?

Pressure upstream doesn't change weather it's dhw or ch, always 2.5, inlet pressure is 22mb which drops to 21mb when running

The burner pressure on this boiler is SUPPOSED to be 2.5mb at minimum setting for Central Heating, so make sure the max call for heat is being applied!

[DLMURL]http://www.aroundtownflats.com/manuals/Boilers/Ferroli/FERROLI%20DOMINA%2080E%20GCNo.47-267-23.pdf[/DLMURL] (page 5 of the manual - "Gas pressure at main burner for central heating").

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read your last post (I didn't refresh before you answered)....

It seems as if either:

Gas valve faulty and not opening beyond 2.5mb, but you changed that?
Call for heat not reaching Gas Valve correctly (PCB?)
Are potentiometers on dials broken, making it look like they are on max externally, yet internally, they are stuck on minimum physically?

From the manual:
"Boiler will not light for D.H.W.
If boiler works for C.H. but not for D.H.W. the fault is most likely to be the flow meter or D.H.W. sensor.
If the tap symbol light is on the fault is the D.H.W. sensor. If this light is not on then suspect the flow meter
has not operated."

Last edited:
What Gas Valve is on these? Is it a Modureg, or a varient of? I don't know these boilers well

Have you tried going through the procedure for setting the High and Low pressure settings? Just to make sure you are adjusting the correct adjusting screws and following the procedure correctly.

Are all the connections to the solenoid clean and secure? Is there correct voltage to the solenoid? Sounds like theres only voltage for the first stage, low lighting solenoid, then no voltage to the high setting. Get your meter on it. See if you get call from PCB for high setting.

It'll be something really simple I bet..........Is the main solenoid shot? Have you got a mag tester?

I'm having the same problem as mentioned in the thread with a customers boiler, I've checked the resistances on the gv coils and are ok, have checked the voltages going to the coils and got 74v on gv1 and 25v on the gv2. did you manage to fix this fault? can anyone give me some advice thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli domina 80e gas pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24 hours. Its shows a pressure drop of 0.5 bar. The pipe line is fully exposed and I couldn't find any leak on them. What might be the problem. If somebody...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock