Discuss Fernox desludger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeannie

Hello chaps

Two years and 20 call outs (insured)

The radiators were power flushed two years ago and an inhibitor left in the system
Two years on fernox water sample is clear.
Filter also fitted two years ago.
System loses pressure but mostly just stops
Engineer says the boiler itself is probably sludged up.
Recommends Fernox sludge remover

sound like we finally have the answer? Shall I go and buy this?

Get another opinion

b Be surprised if its sludges up again unless it was never flushed accordingly in the first instance.

Hello chaps

Two years and 20 call outs (insured)

System loses pressure but mostly just stops

Engineer says the boiler itself is probably sludged up.
Recommends Fernox sludge remover

sound like we finally have the answer? Shall I go and buy this?
A bit more information required what just stops ? & how often do you have to top up the sealed system?
Warning
If you have a leak on the system a strong sludge remover could make it very much worse.

Is your engineer suggesting that sludge is causing the pressure to keep dropping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox desludger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
I have a central heating system in a 7yr old ‘Persimmons’ new build, that has several problems related to reduced flow. A nice retired engineer...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom...
Replies
Views
Back