Discuss favorite brand of push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alex

The age old question! im sure this has been discussed many times before but what is your favorite brand of plastic / pushfit?

Personally i use Speedfit since my normal merchants only stock that and poly plumb but if convenience of supply wasn't an issue i would go with hep20 cos there pipe seems more flexible, not tried there new fitting yet though.

i also have a theory that you should stick to one of the major brands (JG or Hepworth) as it seems polite to use something another plumber would instantly recognize and not have too much trouble joining onto with the same in the future since im not a big fan of mixing brands (especially if your not sure what the original brand is)

As you know mixing brands does work, but it invalidates the guarentee, if there was a problem.

A website called pulsar is where I get my pushfit from, its pretty good and cheap.

Although its a named brand, I dont really like JG as I find their pipe too rigid.

I've changed to buteline its brilliant stuff. The fittings need to be crimped with a hand tools but I can honestly say I would never go back to pushfits after using it. P.S I'm not employed by buteline.

Franky, i have never used press fit seems like it would work well for new installs maybe not so well with maintenance / upgrades how do you go about joining to copper / pushfit. i always assumed it was more expensive is this the case?

you solder an end on them cool it down then crimp it to go on to copper. The price is probably about 10% more then speed fit stuff roughly. its worth getting a start up pack and see yourself I did because i don't like the idea of rubber rings in the fitting I'm paranoid there going to leak one day

haha i thought it was only me who was paranoid that i would spend the end of my career repairing leaks to 40yr old pushfit systems with worn out rubber rings and brittle pipes every day!

It looks like Hepworth takes the prize here.

p.s. By the way, Does anyone happen to know where the term shark's teeth for push-fits originated?

Don't like old hep fittings to many problems with them blowing off not tried new hep fittings so can't comment
I like to use polypipe fittings when using plastic

That's easy..... Techtite...:cool:
steckwi.jpg

JG Speedfit is the one I use. Never had a single problem with it. It's time that all pushfit fittings and pipe were of the same size and standard so that they were universal, but due to competition between manufacturers in this market, I don't see it happening any time soon.
For ultimate security and my own peace of mind, still prefer yorkies and a blow torch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to favorite brand of push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock