Discuss Faulty Oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Iv never worked on an oven, ever...

Im doin a boiler install in the property and the old lad has asked me to have a look at the oven,
it just wont stay lit, the same way a pilot wont stay lit on a back boiler, hold in button, ignite, but goes off as soon as u realeas button

is this the same as a thermocouple? and are universal ones ok replacements?

thanks team!

yes.

the thermo normally moves out of the flame due to years of heat and can be re-aligned.
more than likely the mounting plate has snapped/corroded off.

depends on the age of cooker normally when the ffd fails it wont stay lit or will light and not go to full rate,as redsaw said the probe can become detached from its bracket

the locks, wht are the locks? if i cant get it goin i hope hes no gona say "thats part of the price no pay" ahaha hate ovens repairs, cooker repairs, hob repairs so messy!@!@

Bit obvious, but make sure the burner is clear and the FFD is getting the flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Oven in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light...
Replies
Views
Builder at my house went through oil line has been repaired and oil purged back to boiler. Now it wont fire but it doesn't lock out either. Motor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with my Baxi Boston 2 50 RS boiler. Nearly always I am unable to light my pilot light within the boiler itself. On the few...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock