Discuss Faults with low water content boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billychuff

hello all, my boss has given me a list of possible faults to find on Y and S plan systems e.g only get hot water when heating on. S Plan, no heating (heating motorised valve not getting live to brown)
So my question is... would the answers be any different if it were NOT a low water content boiler. I had not heard of these until yesterday :icon9:

No is the answer as you're talking faults to system designs, 'Y'&'S' plans, not the heat source (boiler). All modern boilers, I'd say, are "low water content!" Domestic boilers anyways!

Low water content boilers will probably need to be wired for pump overrun. This isn't usually necessary for old models. Wiring into the control centre will therefore be different. Don't know if that'll affect what you're looking at?
Jonathan Harris, That Extra Mile Plumbing, London

he knows how to fault find. He's setting me homework and TRYING to educate me. His wording is:- Wall mounted low water content boiler, 2x 2port MV's, 1) only get hot water when heating on (2) No heating (Heating MV not getting live to Brown)
This is why i questioned whether it was the boiler that had an issue or the system. He mentioned that the LWC boilers can have an issue with the thermostat as some can only store 1/4 pint of water

billychuff - sounds like you have a good gaffa mate! So what are your thoughts? Don't worry about getting it right. There's guys here who'll happily help manouver you in the right direction :)

(1) the hot water 2 port is open but the microswitch isint bringing the boiler on, when the heating comes on it heats both the rads and hot water

(2) if there is no power to brown on 2 port check if there is power to room stat from programmer and if stat is making.

Thanks for your reply Bill577, your help is much appreciated

Thanks Diamondgas. This is the reason that i like this site. I just wish that i was in a position to do the same for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faults with low water content boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
I'm a complete notice and I working on my heatings motorised valves on my S plan system. I was modifying the system to add an arrester. Long story...
Replies
Views
D
2 of my properties tenants have notified me that their boilers are leaking yellow water, i need someone ASAP since that Rubbish is disgusting and i...
Replies
Views
Dany Michael
D
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock