Discuss Fastflo water heater reliability? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Sparkgap

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Some 6 years ago I replaced an old Andrews R2000 series water heater at a local factory with 3 Fastflo water heaters and additional storage (about 1500 litres total). Since then we have had a number of performance issues with the heaters, one has been replaced totally and another has had new heat exchanger.
The client has suggested installing a 4th heater but I am concerned we will still have problems and would be inclined to put in a pair of high output units to give some backup in case of failure. At the moment I am looking at something like the Lochinvar Ecoforce EF120. Does anybody have experience of these and their reliability?
The installation I am replacing mainly serves several high pressure hose lines for washing down the production area hence the large storage. The cold feed is through a water softener as the area is hard water and usage tends to be heavy once every couple of hours or so when they clean up after a production run.

Reply to Fastflo water heater reliability? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am looking for advice, I own a Nail Salon and would like to install a Pedicure Station for my clients. The water needs to be heated...
Replies
Views
Hey,, new condo homeowner here.. I just had a 19 year old 40 gallon gas Kenmore water heater replaced over 3 weeks ago with a 40 gallon gas Rheem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock