Discuss Fast Track courses what's the truth? Ex Military, needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

They maybe bud but they ain't paid for and are all mortgaged to the hilt what your proposing is possible but hard graft , we earn a decent living but often it's a 60 hour week and drowning in paperwork but I wouldn't go back to being employed all the best . Kop

Yep as kop says the self employed route is a hell of a lot of work and it is things like the paperwork, quotes, tax returns... That eat up half or your life. Then there's the stress of no holiday pay or sick pay and knowing that getting I'll could throw serious spanner in the works. But could never go back to working for someone.

Yep as kop says the self employed route is a hell of a lot of work and it is things like the paperwork, quotes, tax returns... That eat up half or your life. Then there's the stress of no holiday pay or sick pay and knowing that getting I'll could throw serious spanner in the works. But could never go back to working for someone.

luckily for me I have spent the last 4 years running funds and accounts, asset management and auditing. My wife is also AAT trained and works in finance. The book keeping side and invoicing etc will actually be the easiest part of it for me.

Not bothered about the long days, I've done my fair share of 80+ hour weeks over the years. As long as I get to sleep in my own bed at home I am not bothered. I just don't think I could work 9-5 in a office watching what I say and being bored

Not bothered about the long days, I've done my fair share of 80+ hour weeks over the years. As long as I get to sleep in my own bed at home I am not bothered. I just don't think I could work 9-5 in a office watching what I say and being bored[/QUOTE]
I’ll second that.

Reply to Fast Track courses what's the truth? Ex Military, needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock