Discuss Fast Track courses what's the truth? Ex Military, needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

got it thanks, so basically, how big are my balls to go for it and how much can I graft to get it.
Pretty much. I think there are only 3 or 4 of us on here that have done what you are about to that are self employed that have made it work. But couldn’t be bothered to type it all out again. Sorry it has been a long day.

I have done the fast track course on my resettlement time & yes it does give you a very basic working knowledge of the industry.

I was a WAFU (M trade) with 26.5 years aircraft engineering experience under my belt but getting to grips with different terminology & heating system operation & wiring is challenging but so rewarding when you sort out a pig of a problem that others have been unable to & restoring heating or water for the less able in our society.

The main thing to get to grips with is the hrs & also the limits of your knowledge.

It is a hard graft out there and the companies promising the earth are talking bollocks.

I used Access training in wales at the time but these are no longer accredited trainers as also are quite a few who did not meet the M.O.D's criteria. (Good trainers but the office management (directors) where very elusive at times when people were disgruntled.

The main issue as everyone mentions is experience, you will be at the bottom of the pile but as long as you are open to hard work and continual learning, (everyday is a school day) then you should be ok.

Do as many manufacturers courses as you can and don't worry about feeling guilty about taking time off work in your last remaining months of service.

Above all don't do anything if you are not 100% happy and always ask questions,

Hope this helps & good luck,

Andy

I have done the fast track course on my resettlement time & yes it does give you a very basic working knowledge of the industry.

I was a WAFU (M trade) with 26.5 years aircraft engineering experience under my belt but getting to grips with different terminology & heating system operation & wiring is challenging but so rewarding when you sort out a pig of a problem that others have been unable to & restoring heating or water for the less able in our society.

The main thing to get to grips with is the hrs & also the limits of your knowledge.

It is a hard graft out there and the companies promising the earth are talking bollocks.

I used Access training in wales at the time but these are no longer accredited trainers as also are quite a few who did not meet the M.O.D's criteria. (Good trainers but the office management (directors) where very elusive at times when people were disgruntled.

The main issue as everyone mentions is experience, you will be at the bottom of the pile but as long as you are open to hard work and continual learning, (everyday is a school day) then you should be ok.

Do as many manufacturers courses as you can and don't worry about feeling guilty about taking time off work in your last remaining months of service.

Above all don't do anything if you are not 100% happy and always ask questions,

Hope this helps & good luck,

Andy

WAFU mentioning hard graft? well I don't k ow where to start on that lol. I'm a chef by trade so grafting is not an issue. I appreciate the advice shipmate. Thanks for taking the time.

Reply to Fast Track courses what's the truth? Ex Military, needs advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock