Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fast track courses advice PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the contractor

Hello everyone
I run a small but busy commercial refurb company in south wales for which I do a lot of carpentry work.One of the companys that I sub contract to have just got the contract to run the mainteance for a big pub chain and they have asked me if I would like to be part of this the only thing is that I would need pumbing experiance I have told them that I am not a plumber I am a carpenter and they said that you only need basic plumbing skills but I am a bit consurned that if I get called out in the middle of the night fot exsample and I cant sort the problum out then may be I would lose the contract alltogether. so I am thinking of doing a short plumbing courses I see them on the net in my area for £500 + VAT how good are these courses any advise would be welcome cheers :)

hi there,

All i would say is stay away from distant learning courses. im about to start a course with brookhouse training it cost abit but if you only want basics then you will prob get it alot cheaper. They do gas aswell as plumbing you see so thats why its abit pricey. look at brookhousetraining.com it near bradford but would be worth the travel for you mate. i been to two open days now and cant wait to start. its actual hand on work there not all text books n cd roms. goodluck whateva tho!

Thanks for that I will ahve a look at there site
Chers mate

I thought of subing it out but you have to be named on the contractors list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fast track courses advice PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock