Discuss fan flued combi with flue over legnth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just been to do a landlords and the flue is 100mm over its maximum allowed size, what would you classify this as?

Depends on how long it's been installed and whether it's working safely! You mean 100mm over the max length cdodds2004 yeh?

Yea 100mm over maximum total length due to 2x elbows pushing it over. All working fine, been installed about 5 years, all readings are fine!

I'd NCS it with a note on the CP12 regarding your findings, personally :)

so you would leave it in operation? i wanted to ncs it but then again being over size was never correct so not sure if it can be NCS?

so you would leave it in operation? i wanted to ncs it but then again being over size was never correct so not sure if it can be NCS?

If it's working correctly, correct poc's, termination correct, been installed 5yrs additional length not effecting the operation of the appliance then I'd leave it! You could double check with the manufacturer's if not sure! The time it's been installed has given it time to produce any issues and it isn't by sounds of it IMHO!

As long as not vastly over and all other checks are sound it is NCS!
Have been to a few that are more than 1 meter over length and all checks are ok. NCS!

yea thanks for thats guys, NCS it is with a copy of the FGA attached, its max 100mm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fan flued combi with flue over legnth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock