Discuss experienced heads please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

whats the craic,
scale inhibitors ??????????
the issue is limescale deposits.
has anyone ever installed a specific type?
what was the result.
do they work and how effective. really appreciate some advice on this one. thanks lads

The inline scale inhibitors are a waste of time imao I have installed quite a few. One landlord swears by them. In his properties I change them every year but recently checked the heat exchanger on a combi and surprise ...all scaled up the electronic ones you can see a difference. The water king one works best. I tried a few out my mums and she monitors scale in the kettle scale like a scientist. Best of all is a water softener preferable kinetico only downside it the kitchen tap I had to re connect it directly to the mains as it tastes to metallic. But it’s brilliant everywhere else.

Water softeners should not be connected so as to give softened water at the kitchen tap if this is used for drinking water.

what if use a decent softner like kinetico and not a cheap one?
i usually recomend a waterfilter in the kitchen direct to mains.
You can drink kinetico water - double chamber.

Last edited by a moderator:
The salt in the softener is used to clean the filter and in doing so imparts a small amount into the water system. It would probably do you no harm but as said, the drinking water tap should not be softened water. I suggest you contact the water filter manufacturer to see if this will remove the trace of salt.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to experienced heads please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock