Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Expansion Vessel - Not sure abouts its purpose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
Can somebody please explain the function of the expansion vessel on my heating. Is it to absorb the increased volume of water when its hot or/and to be a reservoir of water to top up the heating system when there are small drips Many thanks

For expansion and contraction eg when your heating system is hot the water expands

Reply to Expansion Vessel - Not sure abouts its purpose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock