Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss European Water Heater (Gran Canaria) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I am just back a holiday in Gran Canaria (apologies to all those working in Glasgows -3 oC this afternoon) - and just purely out of curiosity I wondered about the water heater which was installed above the WC.

I should of took a pic, but my gf would think I was nuts as I commented on the european plumbing enough to her for one week! lol...

But it looked to me, like a 50 litre tank, it had a simple, cold IN hot OUT and spur. Is this not then simply an unvented cylinder? (especially the fact it stores) I know this because (so so sad) I took the spur oout and ran the hot water tap for about 10 mins, and it was roasting. (stored)

It was unvented, with no safety devices or expansion vessell what so ever... Is this not dangerous?

Cheers.

yes it"s unvented there would have been a pressure relief valve on the inlet the air bubble in the top would take up any expansion.

Place I stayed in France had an unvented with no safety valves whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to European Water Heater (Gran Canaria) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all:) This is my first post here. My Dad recently had an Ariston Next Evo X SFT 16L multipoint water heater installed to replace the previous...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've had one of these plumbed and wired (3KW) in to my mothers house in order to add hot water to a sink with cold tap only (ex council...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Apologies ahead of time if this query is super basic! Trying to decide to service or replace a vented, gas hot water heater...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of buying a property which needs a complete bathroom overhaul. The current bathroom has an electrically powered hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I moved into a property last month and the unvented water immersion heater has been the bane of my life. I noticed hot water was coming through...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock