Discuss Equilibrium Valve?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ADM360

Evening Chaps bit of advice please!!

I have a customer with a loft tank fitted with an equilibrium valve, and having brought a service kit it is still letting by!!

On further inspection I can see some pitting to the brass body of the valve, and I believe this is the reason it is letting by!!

I don't believe the pressure is that high to warrant an equilibrium valve?

My Question is this:- what float valve would you fit? standard part 2, lots of scale around these parts. or would something like a side entry Fluidmaster suit?

Thanks guys!

should be metal in any cwsc where hot/scalding water can vent over 2 part should suit as emnem said

Thanks, Was thinking 2 part, a good one , all brass, but there's the thought in the back of my head as to why the equilibrium valve was fitted?

Hmm, ive only seen a few fitted and they were off a dedicated agricultural mains fed from its own reservoir.
1 bar in the day, closer to 5 at night when everything is shut off.

is the rest of the plumbing done well or over engineered?
could have been a plumber who had the place!

usually fitted for a reason in days of old they came with a spare leather washer which would be wired around the ballvalve to it sit in the tank to keep it supple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Equilibrium Valve?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock