Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ensuite Dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chet84

Hi all,

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

We are thing of having an ensuite (just a wash hand basin and W/C) installed into the attic room we have and need advice on if it's possible before we start, getting hot/cold water to the area is not a problem but getting the waste out is. The soil pipe is at the opposite side to where we are thinking, the following are the options that have been suggested.

1. We could install a macerator to take the waste to the main soil pipe.

2. We have rain water pipe (which drains away into a combined sewer) at that side of the house which can be relocated to drain over the garden, and that pipe turned into a new soil pipe. The surface water and foul water both drain into a combined sewer (this was a suggestion by a neighbour). Is this even possible, are foul water pipes and rain water pipes the same size before getting to a combined sewer or would the pipe work need to be renewed?

3.Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Option 2 is the one I prefer as I don't like the idea of a macerator, but if option 1 is the only way, that's the only way. In which case we may re-think whole idea.

Many thanks in advance.

From what you say I would pull another connection from underground where the rain water pipe terminates but it should be ran in 110mm if possible I would leave it open vented at the top above the new toilet connection but remember you need change of use building regs involved to do it. By the book best off to get a few good local plumbers round to assess it properly

Many Thanks woody, I've arranged a few to come round, talking to them over phone they said it was possible but need to check. Funnily enough only one chap said what you've said but shall see if the other two change their minds upon a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ensuite Dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock