Search the forum,

Discuss En-suite estimates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just won an estimate for building an en-suite from scratch in a master bedroom.

bog standard box shower tray and enclosure, partition walls, plasterboard, door etc, tile shower enclosure, plaster walls and lower ceiling for down lights. connect 4" to external stack mobile tower required.

my estimate includes shower tray and door and the other materials apart from vanity unit, pan, basin and mixer shower .

when you guys do estimates do you not include any sanitary ware and building materials only? I've only really included shower as it is bog standard, but wondering if I shouldn't have, at least it's still at estimate stage so I could play around if need be when we get final spec.

FYI my estimate was 3500, just wondering what you guys do as there's always variations etc

Last one I did was around £8000 labour and parts. This was also bog standard. Building control were also notified

I usually just give an estimate on time and between X&Y for labour and materials is materials

I break down itemised prices for sanitary ware, then usually group together fittings, pipe etc.
Also include a line for sundries which is the ''oh crap I didn't price for such a thing'' line, usually £80ish
Then add labour on top.
There's also usually a disclaimer written in for unforseen issues which has come in handy a couple of times. Once when I had to stop mid job because of rotten joists and they had to get a structural engineer and builder in before I could finish.

This has now given me the fear that I have under priced ��

your not mate ,,, 8000 is very expensive for box standard so but you couldve still moved up slightly but your fair priced, i mean what are u getting for your ti9me

your not mate ,,, 8000 is very expensive for box standard so but you couldve still moved up slightly but your fair priced, i mean what are u getting for your ti9me

I thought that until I read his post lol. I think we should turn it over in 5 days if it all goes to plan, as I say it's still estimate stage will meet with them next week for a more detailed survey and exactly what she wants so I can give a quote.

I would up that to £5000 minimum bud i very much doubt you will turn it around in 5 days even the average job would cost that , factor in materials, skip, carpentry, electrics , plasterering , plumbing ,tiling , flooring , decorating all these trades need time to dry before you can carry on do a estimate dont quote your committed then £3500 is far to low you will work for minium wage regsrds kop

I would hope he"s finished by now or he"s massivly outta pocket
:)
I would up that to £5000 minimum bud i very much doubt you will turn it around in 5 days even the average job would cost that , factor in materials, skip, carpentry, electrics , plasterering , plumbing ,tiling , flooring , decorating all these trades need time to dry before you can carry on do a estimate dont quote your committed then £3500 is far to low you will work for minium wage regsrds kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to En-suite estimates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove existing corner shower cubicle and fit new larger 1500mm full-width doors, low profile 1500 x 900 resin tray and replace old Triton Ivory II 8.5kw electric...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, wish i knew this place was here earlier. I had a leak in my shower enclosure and it was obviously on the vertical bit where the side glass panel and frame meet the tiled wall and tray beneath. That corner. In certain circumstances wster had been leaking and rotten the silicone on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Looking for a new suite (Quadrant shower, bath, basin and bog). Ideally I’m looking to spend no more than 2 k on sanitary ware. I’ve read reviews on places like vic plum and Bathstore etc which aren’t great so not bothering with them. Can anyone recommend good places to go in Kent...
Replies
Views
A
Do you guys get family members expecting work for next to nothing or is it just me? I haven't seen my auntie in years but I've been asked to spruce up their bathroom. She's gonna supply the suite but I'd supply pipe, tap connectors, traps etc. Job involves Remove shower, tray, enclusore and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock