Discuss En-Suite Ceiling Mount Extract System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SFT223

Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can help me with their recommendations for a good, quiet, Ceiling Mount Extract System Kit please? I know that there are loads to choose from, but some feature things like a humidistat which I fear might be more trouble than it's worth. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks, Steve (*enter key not working for some reason, hence all text contained in single paragraph!)

I prefer to fit in line extractors as they tend to be more effective and quieter because the fan is not attached to the ceiling and can be located on the ducting in the loft above.I also have wired mine through a pir sensor. The pir sensor turns the fan on whenever someone enters the bath room and the timer keeps it on for 10 minutes after it no longer detects movement. This insures the fan is extracting whenever there is likely to be humidity produced and I have found it far more effective than the humidistat systems.

I prefer to fit in line extractors as they tend to be more effective and quieter because the fan is not attached to the ceiling and can be located on the ducting in the loft above.I also have wired mine through a pir sensor. The pir sensor turns the fan on whenever someone enters the bath room and the timer keeps it on for 10 minutes after it no longer detects movement. This insures the fan is extracting whenever there is likely to be humidity produced and I have found it far more effective than the humidistat systems.

Good idea using the PIR, but what if someone just wants to nip into the En-Suite for a pee during the night? My experience of these extractors is they make a racket, even the so called 'silent/quiet' ones and I recently saw an installation where the Sparky had fitted an on/off switch at high level, so that the house owners could disable the fan when they weren't going to use the shower, which I thought was a good solution. Are there any particular manufacturers that you go for?

No particular manufacturer comes to mind but I dont fit them very often. Have a look online. I will try and find the website I bought my last stuff from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to En-Suite Ceiling Mount Extract System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Firstly Happy New Year to everyone! New to the forum and was after some advice please. I am having renovation work done to my property...
Replies
Views
Just purchased a Mira Platinum shower (dual ceiling fed high pressure/combi boiler version), which will be installed in the loft directly above...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock