Discuss Emergency plumbing when you just happen to be somewhere in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Ever had an incident?

Just had one. With my bird and her mate and their allotment. Bloke runs in asking if anyone knows where the main tap is as he's dug a hole in the mdpe pipe in his patch. I jog back over with him to find his impressive new sprinkler going everywhere, no idea where main tap is. I manage to hack through it with some shears, bend it in half and tie it up. No rest for the wicked!

could have tied a couple of bricks to it and squeezed it off, now that would have been professional :)

Where one of them squeeze of tools would have earned its money!

never had anything like that though, only one which I caused! thought
I'd turned water of to property then proceeded to take of stopcock which was still live! couldn't get it back on cos the force of water was to great! luckily lady was in to go and get some bloke working over the road to force it back down with me to tighten it up.

Turned out the external stopcock was under some blocks overgrown on the lawn and I had turned of the neighbours, cos the tap had stopped thought it was the one, little did I kno the stopcock I was changing hadn't turned back on even tho it was letting by a few minutes before, flooded the kitchen but luckily managed to stop it getting to the hall carpet.
you Live and learn eh.

Was round a mates house last year and we were both astoundingly sloshed.
Started a bit of friendly swapping of punches and I knocked him into a radiator that was on a stud wall with really crappy fixings, rad fell off and the TRV started ****ing out from the bottom.
We both found it hilarious but his misses didn't for some reason, must be a woman thing?
Ended up draining down that night and going back when I was sober enough to drive the next day which was about 4pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Emergency plumbing when you just happen to be somewhere in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock