Search the forum,

Discuss email from psl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancinplumba

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
got email from psl in this thread:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/46303-contacting-heating-engineers.html

here it is:

Hi Steve,

Here is the Endo Therm product information as requested. i have added it into his email as we are having full promo material created. If you have any questions please call me.

Endo Therm - a simple cost efficient way to save 10-12% pa on heating costs.

The Endo Therm energy saving method is applicable to all systems where water is heated by passing it through a conventional boiler and cooled by passing through radiators.

EndoTherm can change the way in which bubbles form when water in a central heating system boils on the metal surface.

Laboratory testing, a monitored field test and countless pieces of anecdotal information indicate that the addition of EndoTherm to water in a central heating system can result in a 10% to 12% per annum saving on energy costs.

How Heating Systems Work

Water passes through the boiler tubes where the water in immediate contact with the tubes boils. This nucleate boiling creates large irregular bubbles at the metal water interface and these bubbles carry heat into the main water flow.

Very soon however the size of these bubbles cause them to coalesce which blocks heat transfer into the bulk water. EndoTherm simply changes the way water boils at the metal water interface.

How Endo Therm Works.

EndoTherm promotes the formation of minute compact bubbles which carry heat more effectively into the bulk water in the tube. There is very little coalescence and therefore no dip in the boiling curve. Nucleate boiling generally starts at small imperfections in the metal surface.

The addition of EndoTherm will change the way water boils and transfers heat to the bulk fluid.

It is recommended that Endo Therm be replenished every two years.

The EndoTherm Product

EndoTherm is a unique blend of non-ionic surfactants with an inorganic corrosion inhibitor. We will advise you on the amount to be added to your heating system dependant on the system volume.

Too low a level would lead to reduced nucleate boiling effect and too high level may increase the viscosity of the water thereby reducing the effect.

EndoTherm will operate effectively with all common materials added to a conventional heating system including corrosion inhibitors and anti-scale chemicals.

EndoTherm is compatible with ethylene glycol.

EndoTherm can be supplied with or without a corrosion inhibitor.

Adding Endo Therm to a heating system

It is a very simple process and any maintenance engineer or operative will be capable of adding Endo Therm to the heating system.

How Much Endo Therm is need per system?

Depends on the volume of the heating system. 1:200 is the optimum.

Product Handling

EndoTherm is classified as a skin irritant and it should therefore be handled wearing disposable gloves. Eyes should be protected at all times when handling the material.

Effect on System Materials and Additives

The product has been added to many systems some for fairly long periods of time without any adverse effect on system materials. This would be expected in the case of a solution with a pH of around 7.0 which is based on a neutral surfactant. The corrosion rate on common materials of construction is <1 mpy

EndoTherm will operate effectively with all common materials added to a conventional heating system including corrosion inhibitors and anti-scale chemicals. EndoTherm is also compatible with ethylene glycol.

Testimonials

EndoTherm case studies provided by the Power Assessment and Training Centre Carshalton

The training and assessment centre has three separate heating systems. The main central heating system, one for heating the centre and two more, one for the assessment centre to take heat from appliances during assessment and one for training on.

1. POWER Assessment & Training Centre

We have had EndoTherm in this system since 2010 Our systems have a Buderus 600 system boiler with a mixed system of radiators and ducted warm air from heater batteries. We have monitored the gas flow and thermostat settings and have recorded savings in gas consumption. Our control thermostat has had to be set back because the building was too warm.

2. The Assessment Centre systems

This system is fed by a number of appliances that are used during the assessments of domestic gas engineers. The system was originally treated with EndoTherm. This has now been changed to EndoTherm. This is performing as well as the original and will be drained down and refilled in the near future to determine how much if any oxide sludge has been removed/put in suspension.

3. Domestic Testimonials

3.1 - Conventional Dwelling house 1

At home I have had ENDOTHERM in the heating system over the past winter 2010/2011 period. My boiler is a Buderus 500 28C feeding 9 radiators. The use of EndoTherm has resulted in a considerable saving which has been reflected in our winter period gas bill. Although the house has been warmer we have regularly had the thermostat set down by 2/3 degrees. Our actual bill over the period was less than for the same period last year 2009/2010 which was warmer than this year. I have recommended EndoTherm to all of my friends and family.

3.2 Domestic Dwelling House 2 • Property type – Flat located above a florist.

The space below our flat gets very cold at night as the Florist is not heated in any way.

I am a standard home domestic user, about a two years ago we had our boiler replaced along with our loft re-insulated. The new boiler is very efficient and has resulted in noticeable savings in fuel costs over the last two years. In November of 2010 we decided to try the EndoTherm additive in our heating system.

The results are as follows:

• Standard temperature setting for the boiler during winter months is 24-25 degrees; this is without EndoTherm added and maintains an average temperature of 22 degrees in the property

• Since adding EndoTherm to the heating system we have had to reduce the overall boiler setting during the winter months to 22 degrees to maintain 22 degrees overall.

• We have contacted our fuel suppler to verify our fuel costs over the last two months and we have noted that the cost per month has reduced by a significant amount. We are expecting an overall yearly saving of up to £500.

Overall we are very impressed with the results we have achieved by using the additive EndoTherm in our heating system and would not hesitate in recommending this product to others.

To purchase Endo Therm or to request further information about Endo Therm, including data sheets and trial reports, please contact Phil Smith-Lawrence on 0161 813 1768. or [email protected]

So basically it thickens the water, just that your not supposed to put too much in. What does it do to a plate heat ex then?

We have monitored the gas flow and thermostat settings and have recorded savings in gas consumption. Our control thermostat has had to be set back because the building was too warm.
How is that even relevant?

is it snake oil ?

YES!

This stuff thickens water? Fernox F6 thins water to break surface tension down?

Biggest load of bollox I have ever read..... BTW I once read Mrs V's take a break or summat like that too (well looked at the pictures)

10-12% savings jog on..... as for those testimonials jeez my 3 year daughter could have written a more convincing and relevant text.......

Can some one tell me what this snake oil is please?

In short Tom it goes back to the olden days...... metaphorically speaking it is something that cannot be verified or proven, snake oil was sold as medicine with no verifiable or proven evidence that it did anything it claimed!

This talk of 'too much or too little' rings alarm bells for me. There's no way they'd fulfill their guarantee by way of a refund or anything because by the sounds of it you have to be extremely precise. How long before you're supposed to notice any savings on your gas bill? Do inhibitor manufacturers agree it's okay to mix it with their stuff?

Laboratory testing, a monitored field test and countless pieces of anecdotal information indicate that the addition of EndoTherm to water in a central heating system can result in a 10% to 12% per annum saving on energy costs.

No solid proof then?

Fine example of a snake oil merchant:

[video=youtube;ODatXgQua7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODatXgQua7g[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to email from psl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock