Discuss electrical question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
could anybody tell me the requirement for fitting an electrical shower in a property, does it need rcd protection etc? a customer want advice. thanks

Yep, RCD is needed. What shower is that? Power shower or not?

lady wants a electrical shower fitted because of low water pressure, I advised her to have a power shower as there is no current rcd protection in the property. as the
power shower could be fitted buy an rcd spur with a 3a fuse fitted??

Place an rcbo at the meter and run your t and e from there get a sparks to do it so you get your minor works certificate job done

lady wants a electrical shower fitted because of low water pressure, I advised her to have a power shower as there is no current rcd protection in the property. as the
power shower could be fitted buy an rcd spur with a 3a fuse fitted??

Yes, you got it. Also, you could use a single gang RCD socket and the 3 pin plug will give you the 2 pole isolation.

If the boards very old and has no space would be best to upgrade the old board and have everything tested and certified by a sparks, adding the shower circuit at the same time. Prob would need the earthing upgrading anyway so while the sparks there get a proper job done over a day.

Place an rcbo at the meter and run your t and e from there get a sparks to do it so you get your minor works certificate job done

It’s only 3A, it can be hooked up to a nearest socket if there's one.

0.75 mm flexi is good to go. The cable should be in a conduit as you go through a wall, embedded in plaster or behind the tilling. And in trunking when it’s wall mounted.

Last edited:
new installation is ’notifiable’ work that must be checked by a building control body unless self-certified by an installer registered with a competent person scheme (niceic, napid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrical question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am in the process of replacing an electric shower for a customer. I’ve come across some equipotential bonding within the shower and was...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi and thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am a DIYer and need to take off and reinstall my Aqualisa Aquastream to remove the tiles before...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, and thank you for reading. My partner and I have just purchased our first property that came with a dual cylinder electric water heater...
Replies
Views
Back