Discuss Electric boiler, reliability? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

Might have a job for a small hairdressing shop, cust wants central heating at a decent cost, problem Is theres no gas in the row of shops. The neighbouring shop got a qoute of 4/5k to get gas piped in. So there goes the budget already. I'm tempted to offer an electric boiler but if I'm honest I have no experience fitting or fixing them. I've always done NG boilers. Are the heatraes reliable? Cheap to run? Relatively simple to install? Easy to repair?

It's only going to run 5/6/7 rads at most. The cust is wanting to keep the electric showers that are currently in place 4 washing hair and such like.

Ta

We put in one about 18 months ago with an unvented cylinder. Not heard a dicky bird from the tenant, so to my knowledge still working. For what we installed, they did need to be on Economy 10 tho.

We put in one about 18 months ago with an unvented cylinder. Not heard a dicky bird from the tenant, so to my knowledge still working. For what we installed, they did need to be on Economy 10 tho.

Economy as in the fuel rate? Can the cust change to economy 10 or whatever if they're not already on it?

Or if they're not on it can the boiler not be fitted?

I installed one of these in April last year [DLMURL]http://www.elnur.es/download/manuales/CM%20y%20CMX%20manual.pdf[/DLMURL]

If they have existing electric showers you will need to check out total electric loads vs the supply they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
fitting an elnur cmx15 electric storage combi tomorrow, first electric, SimonG put me on to them. www.elnur.co.uk. Cannot comment about reliability yet tho...hope they are good, dont see why not, dont know if you will be able to keep electric showers tho due to current loading. my cust gets cheap leccy 24-7.

If they have electric showers it would be a good move to contact an electrician to ensure the supply is adequate

It will be feeding 6/7/8 rads. What kw would be adequate. I reckon 12kw would cover it no probs but I'd prefer to ask

My best mate is a spark, I'll ask his advice re showers + boiler. It's only 2 showers though

depends on the kw output of rads just match boiler to it and add any hw load

Last edited:
I was asked to flash the heating up at a rented property recently which had a heatrae sadia elec boiler installed and imo was really slow to heat up the water took forever . Cant remember what kw it was tho but i wasn't overly impressed to be honest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric boiler, reliability? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock