Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss dropping down to fit a heated towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisPaws

I have a bathroom with is out the back of my house. I am running in a Heated towel rail and to avoid having to dig up the solid floor I propose to drop the pipes down from the upstairs circuit. Can I feed this pipework in at the top of the towel rail or is it best to run them down to the bottom of the towel rail (bearing in mind that hot water will rise and I guess result in the bottom of the towel rail being cold)

Also, the return will of course have a head to overcome but I expect that the heating pump will be easily capable of pumping this. It's only about 2m drop down and return up.

try and bring the flow and return down in a corner and then run along at floor level to new towel rail. Not advisable to pipe from top plus it will look rather strange :)

The flow should be brought down and fitted at the bottom but return can go from top on opposite corner
:)

Thanks to you both, I expect I will bring both all the way to floor level just so that it looks right. Heres to a DIY Christmas.

Nothing DIY about my lovely wife's cooking!!

Happy Christmas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dropping down to fit a heated towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock