Discuss Driving rain in Norfolk 🌧️ in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
We've had heavy rain and 60 mile a hour winds in Norfolk for the past 36 hours , I've been out twice water dripping out the bottom of boilers it's just the adverse weather and wind causing driving rain to enter the air intake on the flue, anyone had this lately ?? Any way of preventing this I don't know of any ?? . Kop

We've had heavy rain and 60 mile a hour winds in Norfolk for the past 36 hours.
Tell me about it mate! Don`t mind being gently rocked to sleep on the boat nor the pitter patter of rain on the roof but can`t see the quayside this morning and the wellies are in the van which is in a 6" deep paddling pool!

At least the water is slowly, very slowly going down.

No mate standard horizontal gas flue.
Installation may be out of spec. Have you checked the fall against MIs? If the opening is facing SW into the prevailing wind, modifiying it to point NW or SE might help. (Essentially Aquarius's suggestion.)

Lot of work for what must be a pretty old boiler. Customer should probably get it replaced with a condenser. Particularly if KoP is available to do the job!

We get alot of North Easteries on our coast causes condenses to freeze in winter if not protected , but saying that I have not had this particular issue from driving rain , both boilers are condensing the flues are falling back to the boiler there's not really a fix for it as it the air intake which leads directly into the internal boiler casing .

Reply to Driving rain in Norfolk 🌧️ in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock