Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling joists to get into loft in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon,

im putting in a concealed shower unit into a cavity wall. It’s going to need 2 x 25mm holes for hot and cold supply and a 20mm hole for the shower head feed.

every joistdrilling and notching advice I can see on the net is about drilling horizontally. But whatif you need to drill vertically into the loft?

do the same rules apply or does it not matter?

thank you if you can help

Attachments

• E99C4078-41DC-4987-B066-63967F49BD27.jpeg
    E99C4078-41DC-4987-B066-63967F49BD27.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the reply, Is that 100mm from center of the holes or from edge to edge?

it’s a concealed shower valve so it’ll be 25mm 20mm then 25mm.

Are you allowed so many pipes going through?

Normally go 2” between eg outside of hole to outside of others

Yep fine but might be worth putting a pilot drill up first to check above like the above comment

What you have marked is the timbers for a partition wall, where you have marked to drill will be absolutely fine.

Reply to Drilling joists to get into loft in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to find out if I can drill a larger hole in my shower tray, it’s size atm is 1 1/2 inches (38.9mm) and I want to make it 90mm to increase water removal flow Is this possible
Replies
Views
Hi I’m after some advice about the pipework for my loft conversion. I am having a bathroom on the right side of the loft and the waste will need to run through all of the floor joists (red line) to pick up the stack which is on the gabel end. My question is can I drill through all these...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping there are answers out there to my small dilemma. A customer of mine wants 15mm radiator flow and return pipes chased into the block wall and pop out down the bottom. Problem is the joists are close to the wall so to start the chase in the block i will have to notch out the joist...
Replies
Views
Hi. What would you recommend for pipe support whilst running 15mm central heating pipes parallel to floor joists? My idea is to screw wood supports perpendicular to the joists and clip the pipes to the top, or, screw-in wood supports with 22mm holes and pass through the pipe. When the pipe...
Replies
Views
What hole size would you recommend drilling for 50mm waste pipe that needs to go through a joist? Joist is 200 deep so a 55mm hole is already a bit over the recommended size for that joist.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock