Discuss Drayton LWC1 wiring centre advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all I hope you are all well? I am after a bit of advice please, I am looking to fit a Drayton LWC1 wiring centre into my boiler circuit as the wiring is incorrect, someone has linked the Neutral and HW off wires in the programmer circuit for some reason. Looking at the wiring diagram supplied with the Drayton LWC1 wiring centre it says to put the boiler S/L to location 12. My boiler is a conventional Baxi eco blue 30 ERP and it only has a Live, Neutral and earth supply to it, so I was wondering if I would need to supply a switch live feed to make the system operate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

How do you know that it’s neutral wires been put into hot water off? If you’re going by wire colour alone then that’s inaccurate.
Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply, I have attached some photos of the controller wiring, room stat wiring and the current wiring junction box. as you can see in the controller wiring the neutral and live are clearly marked and the HW on and CH on are wires 3+4. but what I presume should be the HW off is linked in with the neutral on pin 1

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply, I have attached some photos of the controller wiring, room stat wiring and the current wiring junction box. as you can see in the controller wiring the neutral and live are clearly marked and the HW on and CH on are wires 3+4. but what I presume should be the HW off is linked in with the neutral on pin 1

Hi Chris

Hi Chris

Hi Chris
Here is the photo of the controller wiring
Hi Chris

up2 wiring layout.jpeg

I can see a black wire in with the neutral, but can’t see it linked anywhere on that. It’s likely a neutral wire. If you have x2 motorised valves the you won’t have hot water off either.

I can see a black wire in with the neutral, but can’t see it linked anywhere on that. It’s likely a neutral wire. If you have x2 motorised valves the you won’t have hot water off either.
Hi Chris sorry for the late reply, I only have one motorised valve on my Y plan system, I purchased a hive dual thermostat with the hub and controller last week, even though the UP2 controller works as it should, the Hive system lights up with the CH button pressed but does not fire up the boiler until I select the HW button on the Hive controller. I have noticed if I disconnect the black wire from the UP2 neutral wire the UP2 controller flashes on and off so I presume there may have been a neutral fault and they have substituted it for the black wire. Thanks again for your help. I have attached a picture of the junction box in the airing cupboard.

Attachments

• junction box.jpeg
    junction box.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16
Should be wired like this white is the black wire in the diagram

Attachments

• 19779F1C-D4FA-4C7D-91DA-FBD7AF02A31A.gif
    19779F1C-D4FA-4C7D-91DA-FBD7AF02A31A.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Drayton LWC1 wiring centre advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal combi 30 boiler and I want to install a frost stat Drayton. I am confused by the wiring because I believe the boiler has no...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock