Search the forum,

Discuss Drains for new wc/shower room in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm new here, first post. I'll apologise in advance for not knowing or using the correct terminology. I haven't done much DIY plumbing for 30 years since I put in a central heating system to an old cottage.

I am planning to put a new shower room/wc/basin into the right hand end of the room below, the new partition wall will be just to the right of the large window, to the left of this will be a utility room with a sink and washing machine.

The existing utility sink/washing machine drains out of the wall and into the 3 inch vented soil stack on the left of the picture.

I plan to dig up the base of this tomorrow to see if it opens up into a full size drain pipe below ground level. If it does it will make my life easier. If it is then I will change to stack to 100mm and go with the plan below.

For the new shower room I will connect the shower and basin on a 50mm branch and bring through the wall together and connect that into a new 100mm soil pipe from the WC. I will also connect up the utility room sink/washing machine to this too as shown in the diagram below.

I will also relocate the rainwater drain pipe to the right hand end of the building so its not in the way of the soil pipe.

So my question is, is this allowable in the current regs and will I need to add any AAVs.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

drain 7.jpg

Reply to Drains for new wc/shower room in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked down the top and a with a u bend at the bottow going directly to outside drain. Is it OK to put a tee joint into the verical pipe and join the sink...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste, and pipes etc are in) The builder is not installing the sanitary ware as I will have to save up in order to fit the shower room in a few years time...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to avoid internal stack from ceiling to floor. Quickest 30second sketch attached. I'd presume any horizontal would have to have the appropriate fall, new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock