Search the forum,

Discuss Draining radiator, how to open value? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gmc

I need to drain my radiators to put inhibitor in . I've located the one and only radiator with a drain tap, but I can't find the value to open the tap.

Looks to be this one:
Radiator Drain Off Valve - 1/2" BSP

But for the life of me I can't work out how you open the value. There is nothing behind the value.

Do you maybe turn the ring at the bottom? I don't want to turn something that's not supposed to be opened.

radiator-drain-off-valve-1-2in-bsp_min_7509_P_1.jpg

Undo the spigot eg the barbed bit but the washers prob stuck

Thanks, I've unscrewed the spigot. You were right, washer is stuck. :(

No 8 screw into the hole bucket below pull screw out with washer hopefully on then insert barb back in with hose pipe while water is coming out

Reply to Draining radiator, how to open value? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock