Discuss Draing down S plan central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have a standard vented S plan system and I'm about to increase the sixe of a couple of radiators. I'll also take the opportunity to refill with new inhibitor.

My question is whether I need to manually open both S plan valves when I drain the system. I see no reference to this in any guides I've read, but it seems to make sense to do this... or does it.
For reference, I only plan on draining down the feeds to the two rads that I plan to change. However, they are both ground floor and are fed from above (two separate feeds), so this will probably drain most of the system in any case.

I then plan to let the F&E fill while continuing to drain from the two new radiators in order to allow the system to be flushed.

Do I need to manually open the valves.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
T

If you're flushing the system, put some system cleaner in and run it for a few hours before draining. This will help to loosen all the 'sludge' in the system, then flush with cold water to clear before filling and adding inhibitor.
It won't beat a power flush but something is better than nothing I suppose :)

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draing down S plan central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock