Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Drain n refill Vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

Wanting to flush out my hot water system and wondering, can i just drain out from the drain valve and leave it draining for 30 mins (refilling as it goes from the expansion tank?)

Would this flush fresh water through the whole system or will i need to open radiator valves?

Would add in x100 once the water has started running clear from the draining

Last edited by a moderator:
Just draining from the draincock will not flush water through the system.
The water will just find a straight path from the feed & exp tank down to the draincock. The water in rest of system pipework and radiators will mostly just stay there.
You would have to really drain down the entire system by shutting mains feed to exp tank and drain through from draincock and if any rads are piped from overhead, then drain each rad as well. Open rad vents to allow air in for water to drain out.

Make sure the feed & expansion tank is clean before you start, otherwise you'll let any muck / sludge in there run through the rest of the system. Shut off water supply, empty F&E, clean, reconnect supply, drain as Best suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain n refill Vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock