Search the forum,

Discuss Drain camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emergencyman

I am thinking of investing in a drain camera. I have seen some on ebay for less than £400, any thoughts?
Any recommendations of what , or what not to buy

Not sure what these would be like, can you record your videos straight onto USB, do you need special sofware to playback videos, can you rotate the image on the video screen (you can never get the camera to sit the right way up) Has the camera got lighting such as LED's to light the scene you are filming.

Scanprobe - Wireless Inspection Camera try this. I have used these and they are excellent value for the money. I got it cheaper than this by buying it from Drain Tools.com although they do not show it on their website.

Used to work for a drain cctv company scanprobe is good value for money Mini cam are good but dearer stay away from from a company in stockport they need to have self leveling heads in order for the video piture to have the right oreintation on it are you intending doing drain surveys what size pipes will you be going into

i use pearpoint cant fault it but it cost over £8k, you ocassionaly get them on e bay, look out for Gatorcam as well, these are also pearpoint but at the lower end (fantastic value but change hands for £1500ish)

it all depends on what you want to use it for, for look see one of the ebay cheepies might be ok but if you are looking to do insurance work or work for consultants it has to be self leveling with on screen text/chainage.

personally, a peice of string, a torch, a web cam, roll of insulation tape and my ferrett work for me.
only cost £3 per-week to maintain.

Cheers for the replies,

Does anyone own a Scanprobe?

I am concerned that the head is not 100% waterproof.

Thanks all

j jman & mark raig - thanks - im also looking to develop in this field - popular but pricey equipment, - but still good manufacturers to research, - regards moore

The Scan probe camera system is as good as iot get for the price. The camera if treated respectfully will not leak. This system has distance travelled and automatically orientates the camera the right way up so you do not have to turn your head around to make sense of the pictures. My only suggestion for improving this kit is that it should have a sun visor around the screen becasue when the sun is bright the screen is very difficult to see.

REDSAW Q. how long is your piece of string?
a pal of mine has offered to loan me his meerkat as I dont have a ferret I asked if it is hard work ? he said no its simples...:)

meercat's are ok but they like to stand tall when inspecting or compare the manhole.com.

just been on compare the manhole.com and someone tried to sell me cheap car insurance:D

You could do worse than look an XTI camera, they are really reliable, i have very few problems with them and when i do get a problem they are sorted quickly. Love these guys!

Check out the website

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Nice try for free advertising mate but you are busted . Dont do it again !
Admin

doesnt have the admin badge so dont believe it !!

Oh believe it , its true
Admin

ahhhh see what you did !! you edited his post ! nice. powers from above. one day just one day

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock