Search the forum,

Discuss domestic or commercial gas ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys

Went to look at a new build installation today for a builder i do a lot of work for, this is a Massive house and he hasnt had any drawing done he seems to think we can just wing it and hope it will be okay , may get away with that on a normal house but not on this ,

Am i correct in,

the maximum input must not exceed 70kw

iv volume must not exceed 0.035

meter can be u16 but must not exceed the iv

pipework no bigger than 35mm

the problem ive got is this house has got a swimming pool which is being done by a separate pool company and we do not have the specs

if for example we had 50kw input for boiler cooker etc then they come along and fit anything over 20kw we would be over the 70kw allowance

where would stand with doing our work staying in our tollerances and then them coming into do theres ? if it went over our scope then would we still be okay as they have installed after us ?? Ive asked the questions if we need to put any previsions in for them and the answer was a NO NOTHING TO DO WITH US,

surely it would make sense to know what they fitting to enable us to allow for the correct size pipework to the plant room , as we are fitting this , currently the gas meter is between 25 to 30 meters away and its a e6 ,

the impression i got is we only need to look after us , but im thinking is a e6 going to cope are we going to be out of our iv volume if he puts a big bum boiler in where does that leave us ????

I know its a bit sketchy as i dont have any drawing of them on the specs nor do i have the pool specs

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Matt

correct

but input is all appliances connected to that meter

and correct unless there having another meter fitted you need to be able to size the gas run for there appliance unless there running a separate gas run

tbh i think your going to struggle with an e6

best to size everything and see where you come out

Hi @ShaunCorbs with out all the information on the pool i know its vague , but from the builders point of view he aint got no involvement in the pool.

if we did our fit and stayed within our scope all commissioned see you later we would be fine within the regs if they hadnt installed anything yes i know they are going to install later but at that time it would still be domestic am i correct ?? ( Backwards job i know surely want to do it one time and the correct size with one gas run to the plant room )

Second scenario we start fitting and then they come and and run there own gas line and associated appliances which then exceeds our IV or KW , that then takes us out of our scope . Correct ?

yes you would be fine as its under domestic scope if you worked it out before and comes under etc,

say you finish and all up and running etc then they come and fit there stuff then it would be upto them to size there side and if it goes out of scope its down to them but if they come half way through your first fix and start you could be working out of scope / couldnt finish / need a commercial engy to help

it gets tricky as you see

wheres the house?

Its in Bham @ShaunCorbs just what i thought yeah fine if we do our bit then they come and do there but a month later but it aint going to happen like that , the pool company is surely going to want the builder to leave him some gas electric and mains water in his plant room i can see that and then half way through the fit rocks up with a big bum boiler and then we are out of our scope of works .

your best option is to plan for it only way you can be safe

you need to know the specs / what they require etc

could you contact the pool company direct and ask them ?

yeah i could to be honest but the builder may not like the outcome when i tell him we are working out of our scope,

ill just have to arrange a meeting with him and the pool company and see what they got specified , as for our side of things i know what he will have speciefied , ( ill leave it up to you mate i know you will sort it .... hahah ) Maybe on a smaller scale but not on this level need proper calcs and drawings 5 beds and 4 bathrooms ufh bottom floor ufh middle floor , rads in the loft plus the pool side . dont think a 22mm main will cut it for the hot water and i aint being the one hung out to dry when something is undersized, they think your being funny when you ask for a mechanicial drawing haha

yep and then its your fault / upto you to sort

and stnd as he can blame you when its wrong

dont they have plans drawn up yet?

and these days they wont pay for one to be done down to us :D

yep and then its your fault / upto you to sort

and stnd as he can blame you when its wrong

dont they have plans drawn up yet?

and these days they wont pay for one to be done down to us :D
yep your right wont pay will they i even gave him a number months ago for a nursing home project which fell on deaf ears, going to have to stand my ground on this one i think

thanks for your help shaun

any problems / questions give us a shout your more than welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to domestic or commercial gas ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock