Discuss Domestic Hot Water Booster Pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shagga27

Hi, being a complete novice at plumbing, Please could somebody tell me the difference between a "Stuart Turner Monsoon Universal 2.0 bar Single pump" and a "Grundfos UPA 15/90 Water Pressure Home Booster Pump" ? as there is a great price difference. Reading up on them both they seem to me to do the same job so are you paying that much more just for the name?? All I am after is a Single Impeller Domestic Hot water Booster Pump. Many Thanks For your help

Hi, many thanks for your reply, we have a low pressure system in the house and the hot water only (cold water is fine, as mains fed) just trickles out of the upstairs taps, just looking for a Single Impeller Hot water Booster Pump, the two pumps I mentioned in the previous thread have been the best ones mentioned to me, but there is a huge price different between them both, just wondering which will be the best one for me and are you just paying for the name? Regards.

You need balanced pressures, just pumping the hot will cause more problems.

Who set it up like this in the first place? It is wrong.

Many thanks, got a local plumber sorting it all out for us. just need to know the difference between a "Stuart Turner Monsoon Universal 2.0 bar Single pump" and a "Grundfos UPA 15/90 Water Pressure Home Booster Pump"? do they do the same job ? as there is a great price difference between them both. Thanks.

Well I would ask your installer to recommend and spec a pump for your needs, but I wouldn't bother with single impeller.

As Howsie as already said, your system isn't really suitable to just pump the hot as there will be unequal pressure which can lead to all sorts of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic Hot Water Booster Pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just...
Replies
Views
C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator...
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock