Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Domestic gas qualifications in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ross24

Ross24 New Member

Alright lads,

Im Time served plumbing and heating, but I drifted into commercial and eventually industrial and offshore.

My gas tickets have ran out and it's been years since I've put a gas line in a premises. Circumstances have changed and I can't be away from home any more, so I'm looking closer to home.

I'm getting lost in the courses required and a lot of places are wanting you to be able to undertake services of appliances. Which courses should I be looking at doing? From what I can remember ccn1 and cenwat cover me for most stuff but not all of it.

It's going to be costly but I'd rather not spend money on a course that I don't really need to have.

Any help much appreciated.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do you want cookers and fires ?

Commercial as well or just domestic?

3. Ross24

Ross24 New Member

I think cookers and fires would be beneficial.

I wouldnt get the commercial just yet, purely for cost efficiency for now. Maybe in the future but a lot of the commercial stuff I've seemed to gets have been, oil rig accommodation refits, sprinkler systems, steam lines and the like.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Think cookers and fires are htr1 and ckr1

And basic you will need

Ccn1
    Cenwat

If you want meters add met

5. Ross24

Ross24 New Member

Nice one for that shaun.