Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Domestic gas qualifications in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at

  1. Ross24

    Ross24 New Member

    Alright lads,

    Im Time served plumbing and heating, but I drifted into commercial and eventually industrial and offshore.

    My gas tickets have ran out and it's been years since I've put a gas line in a premises. Circumstances have changed and I can't be away from home any more, so I'm looking closer to home.

    I'm getting lost in the courses required and a lot of places are wanting you to be able to undertake services of appliances. Which courses should I be looking at doing? From what I can remember ccn1 and cenwat cover me for most stuff but not all of it.

    It's going to be costly but I'd rather not spend money on a course that I don't really need to have.

    Any help much appreciated.
  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Do you want cookers and fires ?

    Commercial as well or just domestic?
  3. Ross24

    Ross24 New Member

    I think cookers and fires would be beneficial.

    I wouldnt get the commercial just yet, purely for cost efficiency for now. Maybe in the future but a lot of the commercial stuff I've seemed to gets have been, oil rig accommodation refits, sprinkler systems, steam lines and the like.
  4. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Think cookers and fires are htr1 and ckr1

    And basic you will need


    If you want meters add met
  5. Ross24

    Ross24 New Member

    Nice one for that shaun.
Similar Threads - Domestic qualifications Forum Date
GID2 Gas Cookers and Ranges Manual 4th Edition - Domestic - Back in Stock Plumbing Forum May 30, 2018
Need to source some valved domestic brass manifolds . Plumbing Forum May 13, 2018