Discuss Domestic gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

You are talking about medium pressure gas main. Regulator for domestic is set to 20 to 23mbar working pressure. Standing pressure 25mbar. anything outside this perimeter requires attention. Please don't confuse this forum with what you think is clever. The forum is a mainly domestic and light commercial.

It wasn’t meant to be clever I was just curious why such a lot pressure is used domestically. Kind of seems like it causes problems like having to run 28mm gas pipes to boilers.

I’m quite sceptical about that, gas distribution still utilises quite a lot of positive displacement and turbine flow meters, if you change if you changed the pressure by any significant amount these would give massive errors unless you do a lot of maths.
I’m quite sceptical about that, gas distribution still utilises quite a lot of positive displacement and turbine flow meters, if you change if you changed the pressure by any significant amount these would give massive errors unless you do a lot of maths.

Thought of this thread when I saw this :D

DA61B11D-DB0A-480D-96A1-09237205C4C7.png

They'll be cooking more than few steaks there ^^^^ then.
Bread maybe?

Grain dryer it was, high pressure set up scented onsite

Reply to Domestic gas pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock