Discuss Domestic gas appliance in commercial property in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If a domestic boiler/gas appliance is in a commercial property, does this mean a gas engineer would need commercial tickets/qualifications?

If the installation is commercial, then yes.
Up to U16, up to 0.035M cubed up to 35mm pipework, is domestic. The volume includes the primary meter.

Others will interpret the rules differently so I suggest you read them yourself and decide.
IGE/UP/1B.

It all depends on what your doing

Servicing no providing it’s a stnd domestic flue and your not tt the whole line you can do a boiler tt

If your replacing if there’s a local isolation valve and from that to the boiler is under the domestic regs eg 0.035m3 then your fine

Reply to Domestic gas appliance in commercial property in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
We are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers to join a Major company on various projects around South of England primarily working on Gas Service /...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock