Discuss Domestic Booster Pump Not Working in Auto Mode in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with using Domestic Booster Pumps to raise the pressure of the hot water in your kitchen tap. Any feedback would be appreciated here.

I have installed one of these in my kitchen to increase the flow of hot water to my sink which at the moment is quite poor due to the small diameter of the braided connectors to the mixer tap I'm having to use.

The issue is that the pump will only work in "Manual Mode" and not "Auto Mode". Needless to say Manual mode means the pump is running constantly, whilst Auto mode should only work when the Hot Water Tap is opened. I'm slightly suspicious of the wiring in the black hand switch tbh.

Attached are a couple of photos which make it clear what the setup is.

Thanks in advance folks.

TVM

Attachments

• PumpDiagramV1.0.jpg
    PumpDiagramV1.0.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14
  • WiringDiagram.jpg
    WiringDiagram.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Domestic Booster Pump Not Working in Auto Mode in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock