Search the forum,

Discuss Doing cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Just wondered what other engineers opinions are on doing cp12s. Have just started doing a few. Seems easier on the body than installing all the time. A welcome break. Not sure I would like doing them all day, day in day out though.

I like a mix of all, a day of cp12s is always a welcome relief from the usual chores. Like you though I'd find it mind numbing if I did them day in day out.

I like them but I do get bored of them very quickly if I'm just doing them. Also sometimes they can be hard work like when you have an upstairs flat with gas meter downstairs and you have to run up and down 8 flights of stairs for gas rates etc.

I used to like 3/4 a day then fill the rest of the day up with breakdowns.

thanks how many would you get done in a day. If they were all on the same site say? Guess it depends If you could up against problems, i.e a boiler ratio too high.

I would say easygoing 4-6

You are under no obligation to sort anything like ratios or that. It is simply a report. I charge more if it needs servicing. It's like people phoning saying my boiler needs a service, you get there and it is a repair they need.

Most companies I've worked for were 8 a day 1 hour per job. If you are just doing a cp12 then note down the faults categorise them accordingly and cap off if required.

You are not there to service it or fix the faults etc think like an mot they note it down and then charge to repair it.

Reply to Doing cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock