Discuss Does my dishwasher waste require a trap/ubend in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

In my boredom I thought I would renew the 40 mm dish washer waste piping. It basically goes from inside the kitchen through the outside wall and discharges into the gate/gully under the kitchen sink using 40mm pipe and elbows but no u bend/trap.
Its clearly not connected directly to the sewer and so my question is do I need to fit a bend/trap which I assume is to prevent sewer gases leaking into the house but the gully/grate u bend does that.
Much appreciated
bryn

The water in a U bend will stop sewer smells, wind and rodents, do you need one or not is your choice.

Reply to Does my dishwasher waste require a trap/ubend in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
I have an Ikea sink with trap however the waste fkexi hose does not connect to the 1 1/2 white waste pipe. Is there any fitting I can get to...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, a plumber has been out to my rental property as my tenant reported a blockage causing water to flow back from the washing machine into the...
Replies
Views
T
This is strange! I live in an apartment above a bar thats being used for "other purposes" and someone is consistently running the dishwasher but...
Replies
Views
Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock