Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Does 15mm copper have to reach right to the back of the fitting when soldering? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to solder a 15mm end-feed elbow onto a straight run of pipe to join it up to a radiator. I've cut the existing pipe run just a fraction too short to come straight up to hit the radiator valve, but I'm hoping it could still work...

How important is it that the copper pipe is pushed all the way back into the fitting? Can it be inserted 8-10mm / two-thirds of the way in and still get a good joint?

Reply to Does 15mm copper have to reach right to the back of the fitting when soldering? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock