Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Ch4 plumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 134
  • van

Discuss Do you run a van on adblue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Does anyone else run any vans with ad blue?

Im surprised how much mine uses!

isnt it something for emission ?

Lol cheers , it hasnt got up yorkshire yet lol , diesel additives have been available for years but I cant see how they are connected to a seperate tank ( i stand to be corrected lol ) just run it on red diesel , loads cheaper!!

and smells better or you could use chip fat and make it smell even better

Lol cheers , it hasnt got up yorkshire yet lol , diesel additives have been available for years but I cant see how they are connected to a seperate tank ( i stand to be corrected lol ) just run it on red diesel , loads cheaper!!
You fill it up next to the fuel, red is best if you drive a tractor.

Think it might be a bit of a fad with all this emissions lark going about in the news.

Unless the government give me cheaper tax for it it's not something id be considering.

Think it might be a bit of a fad with all this emissions lark going about in the news.

Unless the government give me cheaper tax for it it's not something id be considering.

im sure its down to this eu lark, but we wont go into that :D

• Funny
Reactions: Dan

Yep its euro 6 before Brexit happened!

• Optimistic
The new Transit customs run on it. Glad I purchased the last of the last model now:p

It seems a genuine thing. Totally new to me!

What is AdBlue?

Doesn't need filling often by the looks of it. Suppose it's another light to look out for on the dash lol

The selling point is that's it lasts ages. But the truth is, it is just another cost to lay out.

• Agree
Trucks & plant having been using ad blue for a while now it's moving on to vans.

I don't run a van but both my cars use AdBlu. Needed to refill after about 10,000 miles, bought it on Ebay, 20 litres delivered was about £20.00 so not too expensive.
The cars computer gives plenty of notice that you need to top it up and if you ignore it the car will refuse to start until you have!

I run a new Transit custom, which has adblue.
I would say mine lasts about 3000 miles and I buy a 20 litre drum for £20 on eBay.

It's in Yorkshire and I've to use it with my new transit. It's for the cat 6 Diesel engines and as said is ti improve the emissions. Have to say mine has used hardly any in its first 5000 miles

Either they didnt fill mine up to the top or im using too much by the sounds of it!

Cheers gents ill look a bit deeper into it.

VW Caddy, 16 plate & 19k, just filled up with 4L after 4-5k miles since last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you run a van on adblue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have dropped out of his van) on my shared drive. My neighbour pointed it out to me since he was parked in her space. I tried to remove it with water and...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
Hey everybody. I'm sorry for being away for a bit I was having lung surgery, again. That's for another more private thread eh? I'm sorry for the ads being stupid I'll fix that first. I dare not ask this much but does anything else need doing? Cheers
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock