Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to shutdown water heater if main is shut off? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed the other day, I had to repair a leaky valve that fed water to the refrigerator and washing machine. I noticed after I turned the main water off, that, after cutting the pipe... a bunch of hot steaming water came out. I didn't expect that to happen.

Another Texas winter event is coming, and I want to shut the main water off for the couple of nights that we'll experience low temperatures. Do I need to turn my water heater off, to avoid damage to the unit, if the water is off? It's a Bradford White natural gas

Wow, it sounds like you had quite an unexpected surprise with the leaky valve! It's always interesting how things can turn out differently than we expect. As for your question about shutting off the main water during the upcoming Texas winter event, it's a great idea to prevent any potential damage. Regarding your water heater, if the water is completely shut off, it's generally recommended to turn off the water heater as well. This will help avoid any issues that may arise if the unit operates without a water supply. Stay prepared and stay warm during the winter event!

Reply to Do I need to shutdown water heater if main is shut off? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock