Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter changed and no hot water a full rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooly89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light a fault I have on an old 24 Cdi BF.

I first of all had hot water call dropping in and out and the primaries getting hot on the heating side, Changed diverter, now no hot water call drop out or primaries getting hot on heating side.

However with the boiler set on MAX hot water, boiler sense flow as above and fires up with tap on a full rate but does not get hot at all, I then restricted the flow rate at tap, then have hot water but not extremely hot as you would expect from a boiler set at MAX and also boiler cutting in and out(assuming plate heat ex. is getting to temp before water is)and obviously a noticeable drop out in temp.

Basically my initial instinct is that the plate heat ex. is to blame due to possible restriction, However although it does take a while for the return pipe to get hot in hot water demand it still does get pretty damn hot, eventually. So I guess I'm asking would flushing the heating side of circuit help or is it best to bite the bullet and change heat ex. or is it likely to a be a temp sensor/pcb issue?

Cheers

Pooly

I'd pop the dhw h/ex off and have a look inside, should be easy if you changed all the seals you disturbed changing the div valve. Also might be worth a look at the pipes from the pump for muck to give you a general idea of the rest of it. You could pop the pump head off to check too.

I'd pop the dhw h/ex off and have a look inside, should be easy if you changed all the seals you disturbed changing the div valve. Also might be worth a look at the pipes from the pump for muck to give you a general idea of the rest of it. You could pop the pump head off to check too.

I Did have a look a bit of black on the inside of the heating connections and I ran some water through the heating side, seemed to be flowing through ok although some small particles came out the first time. central heating works a treat, gets to all the rads quite quickly. That's whats got me confused.

I Did have a look a bit of black on the inside of the heating connections and I ran some water through the heating side, seemed to be flowing through ok although some small particles came out the first time. central heating works a treat, gets to all the rads quite quickly. That's whats got me confused.

Thing is what happens if changing heat ex. don't work?

Fitted new plate, still same problem only notice must be via the bypass(bypass pipe hot) the heating flow pipe gets rather hot. I have tightened the bypass screw but no such luck. Any suggestions would be a great as feel like im bangin my head against brick wall.

Thing is what happens if changing heat ex. don't work?

Fitted new plate, still same problem only notice must be via the bypass(bypass pipe hot) the heating flow pipe gets rather hot. I have tightened the bypass screw but no such luck. Any suggestions would be a great as feel like im bangin my head against brick wall.

I don't think this bypass has a spring etc, just a screw (if memory serves) so maybe just take it out and see if it needs a clean and a new seal? Other than that maybe a call to Worcester

I don't think this bypass has a spring etc, just a screw (if memory serves) so maybe just take it out and see if it needs a clean and a new seal? Other than that maybe a call to Worcester

I have already called worcester, they were unfortunately only able to go along with my theory of bypass fault. They had no more suggestions. I am facing a rather high flow rate also so I may have the plate back off and fit a new flow regulator, just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter changed and no hot water a full rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock