Search the forum,

Discuss Disconnecting dishwasher in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys. There's a small dishwasher in our kitchen. It's just a stand-alone one that you can put anywhere, rather than something built into the kitchen cabinets.

Anyway it's busted and I'd like to remove it and disconnect the rubber pipes at the back, but I don't want to do that and flood the kitchen the next time I put the washing machine on. At the moment it sits directly above the washing machine so I imagine they're on the same water network.

I suppose my question would be am I okay to just disconnect it as if it was a stereo system?

Cheers.

They can be plumbed in various ways but at a guess I'd say you may needs plastic cap to seal off the waste spigot and a 3/4 BSP cap to seal off the cold supply just incase thered a leak once turned off , a decent size old towel and a bowl to catch the crap out the waste hose , a picture would confirm this ?? . Kop

They can be plumbed in various ways but at a guess I'd say you may needs plastic cap to seal off the waste spigot and a 3/4 BSP cap to seal off the cold supply just incase thered a leak once turned off , a decent size old towel and a bowl to catch the crap out the waste hose , a picture would confirm this ?? . Kop
I'll attach picture now.

Attachments

• 20221002_113443.jpg
    20221002_113443.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Disconnecting dishwasher in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock