Discuss discharge pipe work from combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have just watched a worcester video and the blow off was piped into a plastic waste, like you would a washing m/c,are you now allowed to discharge inside into plastic or could, were the video was shot be a training centre.

Can you post a link to this?
Sounds a little odd. As gas safe say a definate no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you can't but I can't find the link anyway.

Sometimes manufacturers will do things against regs and they get special dispensation to do so.

Why the big deal?

If you can run an unvented TempPRV via a tundish into "plastic" I don't see any reason why you can't do the same for a Combi PRV providing it's the correct grade 'plastic' (who's flippn' name escapes me ..........!) :)

I thought it had to be visible? Could be wrong tho

I thought it had to be visible? Could be wrong tho

I agree but I thought that was the purpose of the tundish so that it'll be visible, as well as an air break? Not sure just thinking of a possible way of runing a prv internally?

I was told that it is ok for unvented to discharge that way, but not boilers

I was told that it is ok for unvented to discharge that way, but not boilers

Seems strange that UV up to 6-7Bar and water as hot if not hoter can utalise a tindish yet a combi at 3bar can't, unless its about foul water entering the drains? or as mentioned it is then not as visible to the customer? I'm sure someonewill come along with the regs and clarify it for us :)

could possibly be contamination issues due to the chemicals that are in heating systems

I think it most likely a water regulation I'd agree.
I have seen the damage done when a prv pipe freezes up! An expansion vessel litteraly blew up on a baxi boiler I went to once. The exp vessel was situated under the burner box chamber and it literaly buckled everything upwards and wrote off a relatively new installation! I'm amazed the rest of the system didn't baloon up!

(dramatized for effect! I know water doesn't expand that much! lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
out of interest if the prv and condensates were both dropped in too waste pipe like with a washing machine would that mean it shouldn't be used, as the condensate should not be like that?

out of interest if the prv and condensates were both dropped in too waste pipe like with a washing machine would that mean it shouldn't be used, as the condensate should not be like that?

A washing machine waste should run to a foul water drain so it's ok to conect the condensate to it. ... now that sounds contradictory regrads the prv coz that's foul water also............! hmmmmmmmmmm! Anyone!!! :)

Good point yo1 ... What's your thoughts?

Why cant the condense be like that ?

if it was similar to a washing machine the condensate wouldnt be sealed around the waste pipe.
Its correct to terminate the condensate into foul water like a drain, but not so good if you cant see the prv.. Maybe it depends on what is foul water depending on the drainage system for the property, Is a down pipe foul water.

i was told by vokera it was ok to go into a tunidsh in copper then out in plastic , did it into a cellar

I believe the situation is that the PRV pipe must terminate in a safe, visible manner externally. If this is completely impossible due to location etc then manufacturer may advise on alternative such as tundish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to discharge pipe work from combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with my current situation. We bought a new build and after getting my boiler and unvented...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock