Discuss Digital Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LCV

Hi,

I am planning to replace my combi boiler with either a Vaillant or Worcester Bosch boiler and an unvented hot water cylinder (poss. Megaflo?). I currently have a dial thermostat so plan to replace it with a digital thermostat, which brands are worth considering?

Also, what are your views on the NEST thermostat?

Many thanks!

would check out the salus mix and match,would pick well over the nest

have built in receivers that fit in both boilers you mention

Thermostats

Last edited by a moderator:
you will probably be fitting an S pack, something similar to this:

Danfoss Heating Control Pack | Control Packs | NoLinkingToThis

you can see the programmer is digital, but the room stat and cylinder stat are both dial type ones.

digital room stats are decent - never had any issues with them, but then I've never had any issues with the dial ones either. use digital stats mostly with underfloor heating but here is a link to ones that would work with your radiator:

Electronic Dial Setting Room Thermostats For Heating Applications - Danfoss

Outsid of a commercial setting, I've never used a digital stat for the cylinder but they are available. if thats what you want.

good luck - and don't fit a vaillant heat only boiler. Get a Worcester Bosch one where the heat can get away from the heat exchanger without the thing kettling. I fit 100 Vaillant combi's a year and regularly tell the rep the Conventional boilers they have are garbage!!!

just my opinion

Thanks for your replies. I will look into Salus and the Danfoss controls.

Thanks Dutchie for your view about the Vaillant boiler, that is good to know as I have no idea how to choose between the two makes. I am not having a Vaillant combi but the Vaillant EcoTEC plus 637, would the same apply to this one?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock