Search the forum,

Discuss Digital shower advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Well first of many posts I think, I'm currently in the middle of doing a barn conversion for myself and am now starting the bathrooms, I have not yet got any sort of boiler etc so I'm hoping pressures won't be a problem.

I'm installing a wet room and wanting to fit a fancy shower, I have looked at the Vado dia-2000 and quite like the look of them however they are only 2 output, I want a waterfall shower head, a hand wand thing, 6x body jets and also 2x jets or a shower head over the bench, the valve for this would ideally be situated separately next to the bench. So I would need a 4 output valve for the main shower and a single/2 way for the bench. Does anybody have any fancy ideas on how this can be done? I did wonder about some electronic gate valves and some ip rated switches from rs but think this might be abit difficult.

Are your mains water upto the task ? As roughly you need 30-40 lpm minimum

Hansgrohe do one

I would start by stopping hoping and actually find out your pressure and flow to the property . You cant do any of that without excellent pressure and flow .

Thanks for the reply, I will be fitting a oil boiler at some point, currently this is a new build barn conversion so I can fit whatever equipment will be required for the pressures and flow. I would rather have the shower I want and then work backwards from there and get the boiler/tank required. The water is currently fed from a spring but am I right in saying that I can still have the shower I want if I fit accumulators etc, I have recently stayed at a hotel fed from a spring and the water pressure would take your hand off so can't see it being an issue?

Are you willing to spend 4-5k on water pressure and flow ?

External shed insulated enough to fit a dab easy sys and additional tank and uv and water filter gear before the dab kit

External shed insulated enough to fit a dab easy sys and additional tank and uv and water filter gear before the dab kit
I have 8 meter square plant room located in a basement for all the heating/power/mvhr so room shouldn't be an issue. It's the shower valves and pipe size I'm struggling with. Not sure if I need a 22mm or 15mm, I plan to run dedicated feeds to each tap/valve/appliance so would say 15mm would be ok. But the valves I've come to a brick wall

I have 8 meter square plant room located in a basement for all the heating/power/mvhr so room shouldn't be an issue. It's the shower valves and pipe size I'm struggling with. Not sure if I need a 22mm or 15mm, I plan to run dedicated feeds to each tap/valve/appliance so would say 15mm would be ok. But the valves I've come to a brick wall

22mm maybe 28mm depending on things check my links above for showers

22mm maybe 28mm depending on things check my links above for showers
Thanks for the links shaun, I haven't seen those valves before so was an interesting read, however they are quite big and are not electric/smart. I like the vado ones as they are nice and small, I think I might have to get the 2way one for shower and wand, and one for the jets, and one for the shower above the bench. I cant see the point in using 22mm if the valves are 15mm?

Maybe look up hydraulic gradient in water pipework then you will see why larger pipework can be required. Also remember high pressure don't always equate to high volume correct pipe sizing needed.

Reply to Digital shower advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock