Discuss Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pt44

Hi

I fit bathrooms and kitchens sometimes - but not full time (I have other sources of income). I don't often have to drill cores, but when I do I usually hire a drill and bits from my local tool place. Last time I had a Hitachi DC120V - 240v. Was superb.

Thing is its obviously inconvenient sometimes to hire. Time taken to get it and take it back etc.

So, I'm keeping my eye out for an alternative. The Makita 8406 seems to get many a good review. Looks identical to the Hitachi DC120V. Both quite short machines - but had loads of power. I have also used a friends Metabo core drill - lots. Its a total pain. Very powerful but always wants to rip your hands off and slap you in the face. I was tempted by the Sparky's I have a mixer by them and they make solid tools. However, their core drill looks like the Metabo - and I'm wary of it suffering the same traits.

Then - there's the DeWalt D21570K
[h=1][/h]This seems like a totally different design to any other core drill I've seen. I wondered if anyone has one or has tried one. I trust DeWalt as a brand and although the design is more normal drill than the usual core drill shape - I wonder if it works well.

I'm unlikely to buy new - as I simply cannot justify the price of any of them. So am keeping my eye on ebay for good quality second hand or discounted one's.

Thanks Paul

CORE DRILLS AT SPECIAL PRICES FOR FORUM MEMBERS - CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE DRILL SELECTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would avoid buying the sparky I brought the biggest one of all from day 1 it was pants and then 4 months out of warranty it blew up quite dramatically with flames bursting out of the sides of it I've now ordered the dewalt as I know a couple of people with it and they rate it highly however they don't use it as much as I would be using mine it arrives tommoro il let you all no what I think of it after a couple of runs also the chuck on the sparky was a nightmare to try tighten and kept working loose while drilling also the handle always used to work loose

I'd like to congratulate you on dragging up an old post from the pits of hell, but being as you're an unregistered user none of us really care that much.

But if you were registered on t'other hand........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock