Discuss dewalt batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys,
after 5 years of constant use my 3 dewalt 18v xrp batteries finally look to be giving in...do the li-on batteries fit the old xrp tools and are they any better than the normal batteries?
cheers.

Yes they fit but you need a new charger, lighter, last longer on a charge but when they run out they just stop, no squeezing out last bit of energy to slowly turn in the last screw!

You have a problem standing the drill up as the new batteries lighter it just topples over!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they fit but you need a new charger, lighter, last longer on a charge but when they run out they just stop, no squeezing out last bit of energy to slowly turn in the last screw!

thanks for that info mate.....and will buy 3 batts so i wont have to worry about getting the last screw in!!!

Just to let you know i think a battery at B&Q is 132 quid and you can get a new drill combo for 149 inc. a li-ion battery

just seen one on ebay with 2 batts for £130...cant be bad!

i was wrong it's only 1 battery:(:(...do the same pack in screwfix for £125

yes 125 for drill and battery or 159 for just battery?? (screwfix)

oh sorry....take a look here 125 for battery and drill.
DeWalt XRP DC988L1 18V Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

and ive just done a deal for the same drill and 3 batts with a guy on ebay for £265 which i think is ok.

DeWalt DC9180-XJ Li-Ion 18V Battery Pack - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

blimey £160 for one battery.....dunno how they work that one out!!! maybe the £125 deal is to pull you in and you buy it and then realise and think... i need another battery and thats where they try and get their money back!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy an other drill for 125 keep the battery and stick drill on fleabay

lol....then i'll have 3 drills and 2 batteries..and might not get rid of the 1 drill need to...think i'll stick to getting 1 drill and 3 batteries.

this is why i have opted to steer away from the lion battery model when i bought mine a few months ago.

lion un-balances the drill.
one battery cost more than the freeking drill?.
one charger cost a fortune,
drop it from a height and you cry
they have the same life span.

thats why i have the 2.6ahr nimhi batteries i can get for less than £50, charger £25. drill exactly the same.

hi everyone im new on here, not exactly sure what your allowed to say and not but i have a company near us that all they do is batteries. Multicell based in leicester, know idea if they do the type your after but might be worth a call? i know its a 4 week old post but i thought better to get involved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dewalt batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock