Search the forum,

Discuss DeltaSol bs solar hot water controller - settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StellaDoc

Hi
I have one of these controlling my system and it all works fine (eventually.... don't get me started!) but at one time one of the guys who came to fix some problems changed the settings (after consultation) so that it did NOT start the pump about every 50 minutes regardless of temperature. (He advised that this regular auto-run was included as a feature to ensure that there were no problem with deadspots around the theromcouple in the collector, which sort of made sense).

Unfortunately I had to have the tank changed (told you not to ask!) and during the downtime it seems the controller defaulted to its factory settings and now it is back to running the pump for about 30 seconds at regular intervals. Of course, this is most noticable at night..... plus it does have a small cooling effect on the tank which is another minus.

I can find nothing about this is the instruction books.... anybody any clues on how I might override this setting without resorting to powering down the system in hours of darkenss? (And yes, I have had no response from the original installation company...)

I have had an explanation of why the system has this as a default from another forum and my apologies if the same guy reads this forum too.... I am just after some advise on how to rest this aspect of the controller. Anybody know?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DeltaSol bs solar hot water controller - settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock